Sunday, November 16, 2008

Elijah's vocabulary

I'm not so sure that Elijah's vocabulary is always for the best! Tonight, I made macaroni and cheese for dinner with sandwiches. While the water was boiling for the mac and cheese, I sat down in the living room. Elijah noticed the box of mac and cheese on the counter, brought it to me and very seriously, almost sternly, said, "Mama, mac-roni! Hungry!" Great, now my 2 year old is getting on to ME!

He's also become very good at saying, "No!" and "Stop!" Hmmmm....wonder why that is! LOL

My brother-in-law thinks it is HILARIOUS that he doesn't always get the t-r part of truck out correctly. :) But, it's FROG that comes out sounding really bad with a K at the end and the inability to pronounce the f-r at the beginning. LOL

Tonight, we found him playing with letter magnets in Nathan's room. When we asked him what he was doing, he said, "P, H, E..." (just started naming random letters)

This little man is most certainly growing into a toddler. He's not my baby anymore!

2 comments:

Stefanie said...

How cute! One of my nephews had a really hard time pronouncing the word truck. His tr letter combination was pronounced as a ph sound. My poor sister would just fall over dead every time he'd shout the word. Luckily, he has outgrown that and can now properly pronounce the word. WHEW!!

Love your haircut by the way. I just got mine cut back into a bob. I think this is my favorite style.

Helen said...

It's always a mystery in our house... "uck"... is it DUCK? TRUCK? STUCK?... It's fun though, isn't it?