Monday, June 23, 2008

Memo to My Son


My Dearest Elijah,

I want you to know something that may come as a shock to you...YOU AND I ARE TWO SEPARATE PEOPLE!!! Although we were once connected when you were in the womb, that cord was cut over 18 months ago. Be free...enjoy independence! Let ME enjoy independence...I would like to be able to go to the restroom by myself every once in a while or cook dinner without almost tripping over you (that's not safe). When I leave you in the nursery or with a sitter, know that I will ALWAYS come back for you. I love you very much, and I could never leave you for good. I know that the day will come all too soon when I will cherish this time only in my memory, but for now...could you just give me some room to breathe? Pretty please!?
Love, Mommy
*Yeah, we're going through big time separation anxiety!!!*

2 comments:

Dawn Endres said...

*Hugs* Mama.

Travel Queen said...

E will get over it..you just need to get out more often and prove to him Mom always comes home!!! So when is Melting Pot night??!! I know you said you were craving it and I'm holding you accountable to that craving :).