Wednesday, June 25, 2008

Faith Dive

It all started last week when I got our first electric bill of the summer. I knew it would progressively climb as the warmer days arrived. What I wasn't expecting was a $200 jump from last month. So, between that and the extremely outrageous gas prices, my budget was blown out of the water. A little reworking and maneuvering...I do think we'll survive. :)

This week, the boys are in VBS at a friends' church in Plano. I am volunteering there as well. One of the songs we sing at this VBS is Steven Curtis Chapman's "Diving In." There's a phrase that says..."Take the leap of faith...here I go...I'm diving in." Little did I know how much this would be true for me this week.

Sean came home yesterday with news that his company is moving out of their current location...as of this coming Friday (less than 48 hours from now). But, the best part is that they have no new location to move in to! As of now, Sean and a few others plan to work from home at least through next week. But, that leaves the job situation a little less than stable.

While my head says to freak out, my heart reminds me of the many, many times that God has worked a miracle in times like these. Even during Sean's 7 months of unemployment while I was pregnant with Nathan, God still carried us through. I know that He is the same today, yesterday and forever. No matter what happens, Jesus commands our destiny, and I know that He will cause all things to work together for the good. So, here we go...takin' the leap of faith!!!

No comments: