Saturday, June 28, 2008

Weird and Random Stuff

WEIRD: This week, the boys attended (and I volunteered) at VBS at our best friends' church. The church was in Plano, and we had to be there around 8:30 - 8:45 a.m. each day. It was probably Wednesday or Thursday morning when I noticed a car that caught my eye. I first noticed it because it was similar to a car one of our friends' drives - blue Impala. As I got up behind it, I noticed that it had two quite large soccer logos (with kids' names on them) in the bottom corners - not something you see every day. The next morning, I saw the same car. Kinda odd, but I figured we were just taking the same route...the lady was possibly headed to work at that time. What was totally weird...Friday afternoon, the boys and I were headed home along the same route and guess what car I saw?! That same blue Impala!!! How weird is that?! If it hadn't been for the soccer ball logos, I wouldn't have known, but they had caught my attention. Just kinda weird to see the same car 3 times in a matter of days. Don't ya' think???

RANDOM: Nathan is just 4 months shy of his 4th birthday (how did he get so old?). As appropriate with age, we are beginning to teach him where he lives, phone numbers, etc. He currently knows that we live in McKinney, TX. HOWEVER, in his mind, we don't reach McKinney, TX until we enter our neighborhood, and if I try to tell him otherwise, he gets upset. But, the moment we enter our neighborhood, he announces, "We're in M'Kinney, Texas!"

WEIRD AND RANDOM: A little known, but interesting, fact about Elijah - he has an aversion to BEEF! The child LOVES food and isn't too picky (though still can't get the veggies in him). For the longest time, we could not get him to eat ANY meat. We have recently had success with turkey (esp. lunchmeat) and most chicken. But, he REFUSES beef of any shape or kind! He won't eat hamburgers...picks the beef out of pasta (spaghetti with meat sauce, Hamburger Helper, etc.)...and refuses hot dogs (although I don't really consider those a specific kind of meat and am not heartbroken he won't eat them; just weird for a kid not to like them).

So, how's that for a hodge podge of weird and random stuff?! ROFL

No comments: