Monday, August 11, 2008

Update on Elijah's Surgery

Elijah had his tonsils and adenoids removed at 7 a.m.

11:30 a.m. - Elijah came through his surgery with flying colors. Dr. McDuffie said that his tonsils were huge...so huge, in fact, that the anesthesiologist had trouble getting the breathing tube down his throat. So, hopefully, this means that he will breathe a lot easier now.We are in our own room...which is nice.

The only thing that really bothers him is the fact that there's an IV in his left foot, and it's all wrapped up in an ace bandage. He keeps giving us his foot saying, "Ow!" In other words, "Get this thing off of me!" We had to pull the pulse-ox off because he tried to do that on his own. The nurse said we'll just put that on when he sleeps because that's when they want to monitor it. At the moment, we're waiting for him to take a nap. He tried earlier, but couldn't get comfortable. He's had pain meds since then, though, so hopefully they will help. Wait...I just looked behind me, and he's OUT!!! :)

Call if you'd like to stop by...we're trying to keep him still, but I think a few people to say HI and distract from all the tubes might help also. I know my mom is brining Nathan up for a bit, and I think my mother-in-law might stop by after work. Thanks for all your thoughts and prayers; keep them coming!!!

1 comment:

Helen said...

I hope he's feeling A LOT better now!