Thursday, August 7, 2008

ALL of my boys

When I talk about my boys, I don't just mean the little ones. Sometimes my "big" one causes just as much stress...:)

This afternoon, I fixed the boys some homemade mac and cheese based on a recipe I found on the back of the box of pasta that they eat. (Heartland Whole Grain pasta with Disney characters) I didn't actually mix the cheese and pasta since I didn't cook as much pasta as I should have (making it mac and cheese was an afterthought). So, I saved the cheese sauce with anticipation of making more pasta tomorrow to mix with it.

I had to get a cavity filled this afternoon so I came home for a nap around 6, waiting for the feeling to return to my tongue and right side of my mouth. This meant that Daddy was in charge of dinner. Once the boys were in the shower, he came in to check on me, and he told me what everyone had eaten.

"Elijah and I split those potatoes."

"Baby, what potatoes?"

"The real cheesy ones."

"Those weren't potatoes; that was cheese sauce for the boys' pasta!"

No wonder Sean complained about a stomach ache tonight!!! Pure cheese, milk and a bit of flour and butter...

And no wonder Elijah didn't eat much!

See, this is why mommies can't EVER get sick!!!

1 comment:

Helen said...

That's an awesome story! You're absolutely right, mom can never be sick.