Tuesday, September 7, 2010

Mommy and her boys

When I was pregnant with Kadynce last year, I decided to implement "Mommy and Me" dates for each of the boys.  I knew their lives were about to drastically change by us adding a third child into the family.  I wanted to share one on one time with each of them before the big day arrived.  But, then Elijah broke his leg and put a kink in the plans.  A few days after Elijah's break, Sean told me to go ahead and take Nathan on his date because a lot of focus had been on Elijah and Nate really needed his time.  So, we went to do some pictures in Plano for his birthday invites and had lunch at The Purple Cow.  I remember that we also went to Target to purchase Elijah his red wagon so that he could be transported places easier.  Obviously, Elijah and I didn't get to do much of a date since he was in a spica cast and I was 8-9 mos. pregnant...and we couldn't go anywhere together without assistance.  Elijah and I did go to a local popcorn place called Mom and Popcorn (yum), but Sean and Nathan were with us.

One year later, the need for more Mommy/Me dates arose as Nathan started kindergarten - another huge change for all of us.  Nathan and I had our date the Saturday before school started - Aug. 22nd.  He got all spiffy with his new haircut and even picked out my shirt to wear:




Excuse the sun spots - Sean was in a hurry and not paying much attention.  He also didn't pay attention to my hair and the wind - LOVELY!

We made our first stop to our best friends' house...Nate's best friend started school the same day that he did so we dropped off a "First Day Survival Kit" for his mommy and a "First Day Celebration Kit" for Grant. Nathan thought that was really fun. Then, we headed to one of the local new McDonald's. He loved playing on the new play area. After lunch, we went for his surprise - Lunar Golf at Collin Creek Mall, which he has been begging to play for some time now. He was beyond thrilled! He was even happier that you get to play 3 rounds. Following a quick stop to visit my mom, we went to Mardel and found Nate a new Bible and a Christian tee to wear to school. That evening, I had a Scentsy party to attend in Plano so Nathan accompanied me to that as well.  I greatly enjoyed my time with my little man...who has grown up so fast and started kindergarten just a few days after our date.

Nathan has been in school for 2 weeks now...he just started his 3rd week.  We are all finally getting used to the new routine, and I decided it was Elijah's turn for a real date with Mama.  Our date was this past Sat. (9/5).  The first order of business was Mommy's haircut in Frisco - where Elijah sat very quietly on the couch watching (I was shocked).  From there, we went to Target in Plano and had our pictures done together.  Elijah did sooooo well during the pictures.  I really wanted to share them on here, but Target has changed their website and I can't figure out how to download them.  If you are interested in seeing the photos, please email me (krisinda@sbcglobal.net) your email address and I will share the album with you.  Once the photos were finished, we went to Elijah's surprise - seeing "Nanny McPhee" at the Studio Movie Grill (where we shared coconut chicken and sweet potato fries - yum!).  Afterwards, we went across the street to Yumilicious to get some frozen yogurt.  I was greatly impressed (pina colada - yummy!); Elijah was less than impressed.  We then went to US Toys, where he picked up a few goodies and I found some goodie bag stuff for the kids' birthdays.  We stopped by to see my mom since US Toys is around the corner from their house.  Finally, we met Sean and Nathan at Sean's mom's house in Frisco - they had been with family for a garage sale that day.  All in all, it was a good day - Elijah acted really good when he wasn't egged on by his brother.

Lest anyone feel that she is being left out...Baby Girl and I have a Mommy/Me date planned for next Sat. 9/18.  We are going to get Mommy/Daughter pictures taken around 1 p.m. and then she has a 1st birthday party to attend for a friend.  We might even stop somewhere for a snack in between. :)

Daddy said he needs to plan dates with the kids soon.  But, he takes the boys to Home Depot and Lowe's and then to breakfast most Sat.  He and the boys like to go to the dollar theater for movies, and I know that Karate Kid is there right now so I foresee a Daddy/sons date there soon.


No comments: