Thursday, September 4, 2008

Something Unusual I Did...

I didn't do anything unusual, per se - just something unusual for me!!! It's something that I enjoy doing but don't get to do enough. So, what did I do?! I ran myself a warm bubble bath, dimmed the bathroom lights, lit some candles, grabbed a book, shut the bathroom door and enjoyed a nice, quiet bath and a book. :) Then, I wrapped myself in a towel, put on some lotion I enjoy and got comfy in my PJ's. And you know what?! I ENJOYED it!

This weekend's plans aren't too terribly huge. We are meeting someone on Sat. to look at a puppy we may possibly be getting. It's a Sheltie mix - only 8 weeks old and really cute!!! Sean and Nate are quite sold on him already; we'll see how he does with the boys in person. We're already throwing around names for him, and so far, Nathan has come up with, "Anakin" (Star Wars) and "Optimus Prime." Needless to say, we are still working on names. I mean, our fish are already named "Peter Pan," "Tinkerbell," and "Wendy" after the Peter Pan movie(s). Surely we can come up with a "normal" name for our dog. But, really...who am I to speak?! My parents helped me name my dog, "Fred" after my hero, Mr. Rogers, when I was younger!!!

The boys' best friends (Grant and Isaac - brothers the same age as my boys) are having their 2nd and 4th joint birthday party on Saturday night. We're looking forward to celebrating with them.

MOPS (Mothers of Preschoolers) begins on Monday, and since I'm in leadership (Prayer/Care), I've got some planning to do for that. Luckily, Prayer/Care does not require near as much work as the children's planning did last year!!! Really looking forward to getting back into the swing of things with this...we all really enjoy it.

On that note, I do have a special prayer request. Our MOPS coordinator delivered her second daughter unexpectedly early this week at 24 weeks gestation. Little Ruth weighs 1 lb. 9 oz. and is doing well. She still has a long road ahead, though. Please keep her in your prayers when you think about it.

I know this post was a bunch of rambling and a lot about me, but hey...the title IS Pretty in Pink: Running a House of Blue so I do get some "air time" too. I'm sure I'll be updating again with puppy news/pics next. I still have Elijah's hospital pics to share from his tonsil/adenoid surgery last month. I need to post a few just to see how cute he was in that tiny hospital gown. :)

2 comments:

Heather said...

AAAW YAY for bubble baths!!! Oh, and every cat I owned growing up, and out own cats are named after Disney characters, lol!

Helen said...

I've started making time for baths myself. It's amazing how much they can do to calm you after a stressful day! You should make a weekly thing if you can find the time!