Thursday, May 22, 2008

THAT mom

I am THAT mom.

It's a reality that I came to acknowledge last night. I shopped for ingredients for my best friend's birthday dinner on Saturday night AND also got the "fixin's" for a homecooked dinner to make tonight for a friend in my MOPS group that just had a baby...the same meal ingredients that I got a few weeks ago for another friend who had just given birth. As I put the meat and condiments into my cart, I saw a stark reality of my future because yep, I'm THAT mom.

You know the kind of mom I'm talking about...

She's the one caring enough...okay, GULLIBLE enough...to do whatever is asked of her!

The teachers love her because she's the first one to volunteer.

PTA loves her because she brings two or three things for the bake sale, sometimes even more than she signed up for.

She always brings goodies for the birthday parties...complete with cookies, juice and goody bags for all the kids.

I think I'm THAT mom. Last night I very quickly saw my future filled with "room mom" activities with cupcakes and cookies up to my ears. And, I got very, very tired. I'm starting to dread elementary school. LOL

I guess I'll do it, though, for my boys!!! Geez, this is what gets me into these things...someone make me stop. HA!

No comments: