Monday, May 16, 2011

We're Alive!

And 6 months later...I still contemplate whether to keep this blog going or not.  Facebook has connected me with so many people that I feel like no one reads this when I do write it...But, I have an idea for a new blog, and if I'm writing in it, I may as well write some here.  Thoughts anyone?!

Quick Update: Kadynce is 18 months, walking/running/CLIMBING, and generally getting into everything.  She loves playing with her big brothers (though they are not always tolerant of that) and her cousin, Drew (though he can be a bit rough - she's learning to tough it out with all these boys).  She and her cousin, Caylin (2), are learning to tolerate each other.  Yesterday was the first time they have played nicely together...um, EVER!  They both have trouble sharing when they are together.  Kadynce loves to help me around the house.  She loves putting the clothes in the wash - I have to lift her up so she can each.  She also likes helping me unload the dishwasher.  Once I remove all the sharp knives, she hands me the silverware and puts up the bowls or hands me plates.  She's really good when we tell her to clean up - something her brothers still have trouble with!  She had her 18 month check up last week - she is 23 lbs. 5 oz. and 33 1/2 in.  Tall and skinny.  She was on target for everything, but she is not in a hurry to speak.  So, we are working on that and attempting to remove paci as much as possible - which is hard when she is teething (cutting those "I" teeth).  But today, I heard Kadynce say, "Yes!" for the first time - in response to if she wanted breakfast.  The girl NEVER turns down food! 

 
Kadynce with Nathan and Elijah in the bluebonnets last month

Elijah, Cousin Caylin (2), Kadynce and Nate with Baby (Cousin) Ellie (4 mos)

Elijah, Caylin, Nathan, Kadynce and Ellie

Elijah is still huge, as you can see from the above pictures.  He's as tall as most of Nathan's kindergarten class.  He still has a year and a half to go before he starts kinder, and I fear how much he will tower over his classmates. LOL  He tries so hard to keep up with Nate and considering that there are only 3 inches between them, it is hard for us to remember sometimes that he is *only* four.  He had a big accomplishment today - he learned to pump his legs on the swing at the park.  He swung for a very long time all by himself - without any help from me.  I also heard Elijah say my first name almost perfectly this afternoon.  I didn't know he knew it!  (And he didn't call me by it - he was playing and said, "And this is Krisinda..." LOL)  He is still very active, and he still keeps me on my toes.  It is such a blessing, though, to see his independence growing daily.  He is not AS attached to my hip at all times.

Elijah Cade (4 years)

Nathan is just 12 days away from finishing kindergarten.  It's hard to believe that my little "baby" is almost a first grader!  He has done incredibly well in school this year.  He is already reading and amazes us daily with the things he has learned.  We love his kindergarten teacher and will be sad when he no longer has her.  Nate is turning into quite the young man, and I am amazed daily at how big he is getting.  He adores his baby sister and is a great help in taking care of her; his brother is his best friend.  Nathan is still very active...he plays coach pitch baseball ball now and does very well.  He rarely strikes out - almost always hits the ball.  He is learning how to field now also...instead of playing in the dirt. LOL  His favorite things to do after school are playing on his Nintendo DS and playing outside with friends.  Just a typical, all-American, 6 year old boy...

Nathan Isaac (6 years)

Sean and I will celebrate 12 years of marriage in a few weeks...hard to grasp that we have been together for 17 years.  On one hand, it feels just like yesterday; on the other hand, it feels like ions ago - as if we've been together forever.  I'm more in love with him as I was the day I said, "I do."  Sean will celebrate 2 years at his job in August.  He really loves what he does now (project manager for commercial real estate co.), which makes it easier to go to work in the mornings.  He is also now worship leader at our church on Sunday mornings.  He has a real heart of worship unto the Lord.  I am still at home with Kadynce and Elijah - and here for Nathan after school.  Although trying at times, there is NOTHING else I'd rather do.  This fall, I am taking on a new position in my MOPS group; I will not only be Prayer/Care Coordinator, but also over the Discussion Groups.  Should be interesting.  I also try to stay involved in Nate's school as much as I can.  I was his room mom this year, and I will try to do the same thing next year.  We stay busy, but I don't think either of us would trade this life for anything.

The Lingenfelters (Easter 2011)

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Thanks for the update. It's always great to see our Grandkids grow in both stature and in understanding. Your blog is my favorite. OK... I don't go to many other blogs, but I like yours anyway! I fully agree with your assessment of marriage... it sometimes feels like we've been married for eons, yet it can often feel like just yesterday. We hit 22 this year (in July). Blessings to you all!